||6 x 100 mm
Connecting sill profile without an exposed drip ledge – hidden under plaster of render, fibre glass reinforcement mesh and foam tape to ensure expansion jointing of the plaster to the sill end and drain off the water from the jambs in the contact insulation system – ETICS.
- PVC alkali-proof, fibre glass reinforcement mesh Vertex R 117 ETAG 004, double self-adhesive expansion PE tape with closed pores
- Provides inseparable expansion jointing of the sill profile with the plaster;
- Suitable even for horizontal expansion jointing of the insulation system to the metal sheet parts and plastic building elements;
- Prevents penetration of cold and noise;
- Protects the system against weather effects;
- Under plaster drip ledge provides safe water drain-off from the jambs, eliminates capillary rise under the insulating material;
- Prevents hairline cracking at the joints;
- Profile is to be jointed with a silicone sealant in the front side.
- Place end caps on the window sill;
- Remove the protective foil from the expansion adhesive tape on the profile and insert the sill in the building opening;
- On the bottom part of the jamb, the insulating material must be cut sufficiently to provide the necessary space for mounting the sill with the end caps;
- First push the sill to the window frame and then press it to stick it to the profile, then fix the sill to the window frame with screws;
- Now shorten the profile to the required length, remove the protective foil from the expansion tape and stick the profile on the sill end cap so that the profile connects smoothly at the window frame to the vertically stuck trimming window profile;
- Stick the cut out insulating material in the bottom part of the jamb and press the profile mesh in the building adhesive applied in advance;
- Wipe off the adhesive that has been pressed out over the mesh and level with a metal float;
- Coat the whole profile with mesh gradually into the building adhesive ;
- Seal the joint on the front side between the profile edge and cap with a silicon agent.